[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]GC Land is a real estate developer operating primarily in the residential property space, bringing equity capital and expertise to real estate developments across the UK. GC Land partners with other developers for repeat business across multiple developments, using a wide contact base across the UK market.
Forecasts illustrate the UK need for housing, with the population of the UK projected to grow over 10yrs from mid-2016 to mid-2026: England +5.5%, Wales +3.1%, Scotland +3.2%, Northern Ireland +4.2% (source: National Population Projections: 2016-based statistical bulletin, Office for National Statistics, Oct 2017).
By providing equity capital in this space we help close the gap between supply and demand for new housing stock in the UK. This is a win-win situation for both the developers we partner with, and for the shareholders in our business.
Property development opportunities can be wide-ranging, from simple refurbishments or renovations of existing properties, to complex bespoke new builds of developments on land in need of planning permission and/or clean-up.
Leading UK property & construction consultancy Ward Williams Associates (WWA) provides property expertise.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_tta_accordion active_section=”” collapsible_all=”true”][vc_tta_section title=”For Developers” tab_id=”1530168677866-56cfbf9d-0942″][vc_column_text]Sourcing equity capital for developments can be time consuming and can mean missed opportunities for the developer if the required capital is not in place in a timely manner.
- Many small and/or specialist developers rely on raising capital development-by-development from High Net Worth/Sophisticated investors, which may limit their ability to move quickly, or their ability to support the larger projects that they aspire to undertake.
- Larger developers, whilst not engaging with the same investor base, may still see balance sheet restrictions hampering their planned corporate expansion.
GC Land has the ability to work with multiple developers on multiple developments across the UK. We want to partner with professional developers who are long-term relationship orientated:
- The developer arranges day-to-day work on the development
- GC Land provides balance sheet equity capital (with skin-in-the-game money from the developer to ensure alignment)
- The developer & the Company work together on strategic decisions on the development
If desired, we can also provide other services for a development, which are available through our network of partners:
- Debt finance (senior, stretched senior, mezzanine)
- Legal services
- Quantity Surveying services
We undertake due diligence for any project, looking at a number of factors on quality and commercial feasibility before we make a decision:
- Experience of developer
- Track record of main contractor
- Planning / other permissions
- Project cost / complexity
- Expected duration
- Valuation and sales
- Debt financing terms
Once we have agreed to proceed, ongoing monitoring of each investment is key and the developer would be expected to act in accordance with the agreements put in place and to work closely with us and our property advisors to ensure completion on time and on budget.
If you would like to find out more about GC Land then please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org[/vc_column_text][/vc_tta_section][vc_tta_section title=”For Investors” tab_id=”1530168677892-6efb4f93-a174″][vc_column_text]You understand that this website has not been approved by an authorised person within the meaning of the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 and is directed exclusively at, and intended to be used only by, selected persons falling within the following Articles of the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 (Financial Promotion) Order 2005 as amended: (1) Investment Professionals under Article 19(5); (2) Certified High Net Worth Individuals under Article 48(2); (3) High Net Worth Companies under Article 49(2); (4) Certified Sophisticated Investors under Article 50(1); and (5) Self-Certified Sophisticated Investors under Article 50A(1), and you confirm by clicking your agreement below that you fall within one or more of these Articles.
You understand, and confirm your agreement by clicking below, that this website is for information purposes only and should not be construed as an offer, recommendation or solicitation, or as giving investment advice, and is not directed to any person where (by reason of nationality, residence or otherwise) the availability of the website is prohibited. You understand that reliance on this website for the purpose of engaging in any investment activity may expose you to a significant risk of losing all of the property or other assets invested.
CLICK to AGREE / DISAGREE[/vc_column_text][/vc_tta_section][/vc_tta_accordion][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text el_id=”full_content_div_land”]GC Land is a general trading company operating as a UK residential property developer, enabling shareholders to access residential property development returns. Property development opportunities can create value in a range of ways:
- Accessing a network of contacts to source properties cheaply
- Any general market-wide uplift in property prices during the development timeframe
- Obtaining valuable planning permissions for change of use
- Extensive construction or development value-added work carried out
GC Land may seek advice from Ward Williams Associates (WWA) on the merits and feasibility of development proposals in areas such as:
- Site ownership issues and constraints
- Contract proposals and proposed payment mechanism
- Construction and soft costs, contingency allocation, analysis of risks and proposals for management advice on project design and construction proposals
- Procurement strategy, third-party appointments and capabilities, capability of chosen main contractor
- Planning/statutory consents and any conditions relating thereto, lease agreements, performance bonds, parent company guarantees, warranties and insurances
- Expected timetable for the development
- Ongoing monitoring and close-out of developments
WWA is an independent professional construction consultancy with 5 UK offices that provides specialist advice on all aspects of development and construction to a range of clients including banks and finance companies through to end users such as purchasers and tenants. WWA has monitored projects with a combined value of over £1.8 billion total development expenditure.
For many investors, placing residential property within their Self Invested Personal Pensions (SIPPs) has always been an unachievable goal as SIPPs cannot invest directly in residential real estate. GC Land breaks that mould – shares in GC Land have already been acknowledged as acceptable by a number of SIPP providers. GC Land pays corporation tax on development profits at only 19% (17% from April 2020), and the tax regime for investment in GC Land shares is simple and supportive:
- SIPPs: zero UK tax on stock dividends/gains
- Non-UK Resident individuals: zero UK tax on stock dividends/gains
- UK Resident individuals: CGT regime on stock gains; dividend tax rate is materially lower than income tax rates
Compare this to a direct holding of residential property:
- SIPPs: not permitted
- Non-UK Resident individuals: 28% CGT on gains, extra stamp duty on second properties
- UK Resident individuals: 28% CGT on gains, extra stamp duty on second properties
(this overview summary may be inaccurate for any particular investor and is not tax advice; investors should confirm their tax position with their own advisors)
If you would like to find out more about GC Land then please contact us at email@example.com[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][/vc_column][/vc_row]